The MBCEA Building of the Year Award gives us all a chance to showcase the advances and innovations our industry has made in recent years. We invite you to submit your application and earn national recognition for outstanding efforts in creating one of the best metal building projects of the year!
View the 2022 Building of the Year Winner
To enter – just follow the rules below and submit your project information by Registering and then Submitting on this site. Please remember that the better the photographic portrayals, the better the judges’ chances of properly evaluating your building.
The winners will be acknowledged during our 54th Annual MBCEA Conference that will take place in Nashville, TN from May 8-10, 2023. Award winners are asked to attend the MBCEA Conference in Nashville to accept the prestigious award. To learn more about the 54th Annual MBCEA Conference, visit https://www.mbcea.org/events/54th-annual-mbcea-conference.
- This contest is open to current Contractor and Erector members of the MBCEA.
- There is no cost to submit entries.
- To be eligible, buildings/projects must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
- Each active member company may submit up to a maximum of two projects.
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel of industry judges based on the following criteria: Aesthetics, Unusual or Interesting Features, Quality, Complexity, and Green Building Elements.
- Each entry must be submitted under one of the following four categories:
- Specialty (Includes Aviation, Breweries, Retail, Unique/Other)
- Each entry must include photographic support. A minimum of three high resolution pictures must accompany each entry, but more are welcomed and encouraged. Please Note: Entries and pictures will be retained by MBCEA unless requested otherwise. By participating in the MBCEA Building of the Year Awards program, entrants grant MBCEA the right to use the submitted assets to promote the metal building industry. Please name picture files with project name. (Example: ABC Elementary School.jpg)
- All entries will be automatically entered into the Metal Construction News (MCN) Building & Roofing Awards. Please note the appropriate category on the bottom of your submission: Metal Building Systems Buildings, Metal Building Systems (additions), Metal Roofing (new construction), Metal Roofing (retrofit), Metal Walls (new construction), Metal Walls (retrofit).
- All award winners must attend the 54th Annual MBCEA Conference at the Renaissance Nashville on May 8-10, 2023. Registration to attend the MBCEA Conference must be received before this contest entry deadline.
- Please submit all entries via this website no later than March 3, 2023.
- For each of the four project categories, based on qualified submittals, an Award of Merit, and an Award of Excellence will be presented. No project can be named a winner in more than one category.
- Out of the four project categories, based on qualified submittals, one entry will be selected as the 2023 Building of the Year.
- The Building of the Year Winner project will be the subject of promotional videos for use by the MBCEA and award winner. The videos will consist of interviews with the architect, builder and available project photos and video clips.